What Is Blue Light and Why Is It Bad For You.
Sunlight and other electronic devices emit different light shades depending on the energy and wavelength of the individual rays. All the colors of light rays form the visible white light and the invisible infrared light. Blue light lies on the far end of the visible light spectrum, and it has the shortest wavelength and high energy within the visible light spectrum. Blue light makes the sky look blue, and the eyes do not block the blue light. Although the cornea and lens can block all the other lights, including the U.V. rays, it does not block the blue light from reaching the light-sensitive retina. The blue light could then pass to the retina, and it causes strain due to the eyes. Blue-light-blocking glasses can provide digital protection against the blue light emitted from the devices. Without the glasses’ protection, you might face the harmful effects of blue light like eye strain, blurred vision, headaches, and trouble sleeping.
Recommended glasses you need
The Importance of Having Blue Light-Blocking Glasses
The blue-light-blocking glasses relieves the eyes from the blue light’s discomfort from the devices used by gamers, workers, and other I.T specialists. Glasses fitted with blue light filtering technology could enhance your comfort using your phones, computers and thus protect the eye health. Most gamers could be exposed to prolonged screen time, which makes the eyes feel tired, and the blue-light-blocking glasses could help them enhance better eye-health and gaming outcomes.
Although blue-light-blocking glasses might seem like a fashion trend, it helps users get adequate sleep. Blue light might interfere with regular sleep patterns since it has high energy frequency, increasing alertness, and decreasing the body’s ability to produce melatonin, a sleeping hormone. Normally, it could be prudent to reduce screen time before bedtime, but with blue-light-blocking glasses, you can use the devices comfortable before going to bed.
Blue-light-blocking glasses may reduce age-related Macular Degeneration disorder, which might lead to complications such as blindness. The lenses might help delay this disorder’s onset by preventing the blue light from hitting directly at the retina.
Bluelight blocking glasses helps you use your phones, tablets, laptops and more, which increases your productivity at work. You can increase your productivity in the digital world by using lenses. Moreover, you can enjoy your digital recreational activities on your screens without damaging your eyes. Additionally, blue-light-blocking glasses have become a new fashion trend, and you don’t want to miss out.
Blue light-blocking glasses are good for gamers, teenagers, and children who love staring at their screens for a long time as it helps them reduce migraines. Blue light causes eye strain, leading to constant headaches that do not go away with pain killers.
Blue Light-Blocking Glasses for Recommendation
- Peepers Clark Focus Blue LightThe blue-light-blocking glasses from Peppers are cheap, and when combined with lenses, they could be reading glasses that reduce blue light. They reduce up to 40% of harmful blue light and better reduce overexposure to blue light.
- Urban Outfitters Indigo AviatorsThe Blue Light-Blocking Glasses have a cool retro-grandpa vibe, and you might love the gold-rimmed aviator frames. They do not weigh heavily on the temples and are effective in blocking the blue light.
- Gunnar InterceptThe Gunnar blue-light-blocking glasses protect the eyes from different blue light spectrums. The company claims that its glasses have 98% protection from the blue lights.
- Ottoto SavoyOttoto Savoy adds blue-light-blocking glasses to any glasses to reduce the effects of blue light. The more people use their glasses, the more they add the digital block to their glasses.
- Eyecononic, Cole Haan CH5005The company has designer brands blue-light-blocking glasses, and it works with companies such as Calvin, Klein, Nike, and Cole Haan. You can customize your blue-light blocking glasses with the company.
Blue light might impact the health of the eyes, cause sleep issues, migraines, and poor vision. Blue light—blocking glasses might help you overcome the discomfort of this light, hence, its a good investment.